It's official, Kylie is 2 1/2 today. In 6 months I will have a three year old. Wow, I can't belive how fast it has gone by. I keep telling Gary that I don't want to miss out on these toddler years with Kylie. We treat her like a 5 year old most of the time - we keep forgetting that she is only 2. She is so quick with her words she just amazes us. Here are some of the latest "Kylie-isms": "Look at the moon mommy, its oranges. It's amazin."
The other day we were in Target and Kylie was not obeying - she kept climbing in and out of the buggy so she ended up getting a spanking. After that she calmed down and did not do much climbing or talking. Once we were in the car she broke her silence by saying, "Mommy, I'm sorry that you are mad at me." I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry.
Kylie gets very frustrated if she "cannot" do something herself. That is what she will tell you - "I cannot do that." Gary and I have heard blood curdling screams on more than one occassion because Kylie can't get her shoe buckled. I can't imagine who she gets that from. Gary says she gets it from me- I say it ultimately stems from Papa Wood.
We are still working on her manners - she calls everyone lady and is the first one to tell the waitress that she is done with her plate. She thinks Pinky is still waiting for us to pick her up at the airport because that is where we dropped her off and that every airplane we see is going to Chicago. She gets so excited about the smallest things and once she warms up to you she'll talk about you at home all the time. Her latest "scret" (secret) is that "Tony and Shannon are coming to visit." She loves to read and she loves to swim. Reading isn't a problem - however the swimming thing has gotten messy lately. Since the only warm pool we have access to is in the master bathroom.
I said all of that to say this - she warms my heart - she pulls at my heart strings. She is the feeling that you get after a small child has wrapped their arms around you for the first time and is still for a minute. I may get frustrated with her at times but I don't know I how I ever lived without her. Give her a try and you'll feel the same way.
2 comments:
I love being able to read all about the family. It makes me feel like I'm right there with you, but it also makes me sad that you're not here with us. Keep posting those cute pictures. They warm my heart.
I printed the picture of Kylie today for my desk. How stink'n cute! I have the one of her and mollie on the stairs already!
Well, I am counting down the days!!
Love the pictures of fall. Send some more so we can see the colors.
Thats about as close as we get!
Love ya,
Shannon
Post a Comment