Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pinky Was Here

We had our first house guest this past weekend. My mother (aka: Pinky) was here for a long weekend. We had a lot of fun. We went downtown on Saturday and did the whole tourist thing - I still consider myself a tourister - I don't know how many visits to the windy city it will take for me not to feel like that.
Anyway, we left Mollie at home with Gary and took Kylie with us. We took the train and went to Sears Tower and to Navy Pier for a boat tour. Chicago really is a beautiful city - I can't wait to see it around Christmas time.
Pinky is gone now and we are back to trying to find some normalcy in our lives. Gary is working at Schwan's Food Service and will work Monday thru Friday. He should start his own route at the end of this week or early next week. Schwan's is a wonderful company to work for, the salary and the benefits are great and Gary is actually excited about what he will be doing. And that is what is most important to both of us. We know this is only a season but looking forward to the job that you work day in and day out makes being happy much easier. As for me, I am still striving toward a workable schedule and finding positive outlets for all of Kylie's energy. My mom has given me a lot of wonderful ideas and I am going to start implementing them this week.
Church set-up gets quicker and quicker each week. We are in a pretty good rhythm with our responsibilites and we are seeing new faces every week. Always amazed never surprised.
Below are some pictures I took from our trip downtown.

Taken from Sears Tower. You can see 5 states on a clear day.Taken from the boat tour.
Kylie loved the elevator ride at Sears Tower. 110 floors in 59 seconds.
She experienced a lot that day - her first train ride, cab ride and boat ride all in one day. She kept asking if she could fly on a helicopter too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your entries and seeing the pictures... I want to visit the Windy City. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

hey!
this is fun stuff! Can't wait to visit. Don't let those kids forget us....

Anonymous said...

It's weird seeing pictures of Chicago. It's been a long time since I've been there, but it brings back good memories. I'm glad you're doing well. Miss you a lot!

Anonymous said...

HI, I ENJOYED THIS, WHAT A GREAT IDEA.. SO EASY TO KEEP IN TOUCH, WE ARE IN FLORIDA NOW READY FOR THANKSGIVING, SUUUUUUURE WILL MISS SEEING ALL OF YOU......
TAKE CARE AND MUCH LOVE
AUNT CHARLOTTE