
The girls were playing upstairs in the office one night. They had pullled out all of their pillows and blankets and stuffed animals and a few suitcases. By the time I reached the top of the stairs Kylie was standing ready with an answer to why they had made such a mess. She said "this is all of our stuff - we are getting ready to go on vacation." My response was, "This is a lot of stuff. Where are you going on vacation?"
While loading up one of her backpacks and without looking up, Kylie answered, "We're going to heaven to see Casey. It takes a long time to get there. That's why we need all of this stuff."
What could I say? I let them play until they decided to put themselves to bed. It was Mollie's turn to read the bedtime story.
3 comments:
this was very sweet and made me (and almost everyone who read it!) cry. children are so pure and literal..so glad they know heaven is a real place. I would like to go and visit Casey too, and we all will someday.
they say immitation is the best form of flattery -- that's why I cut and pasted this to my blog too. I gave you credit though.
It has been a long time since something has effected me as deeply as this post. I love you guys.
Post a Comment