Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Staying Connected

Nothing new to report on. We are just living our quaint little lives here in Chicagoland.

I have been trying to find some "me" time. I was invited to a join a book club a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed the adult conversation and the book for that matter. I went to a MOPS group (Mom of Pre-schoolers) with a friend and also to a Mommy & Me meeting. ("Quite the little joiner, aren't we?" - That's a line from a movie - anyone know which movie?) Anyway, after going to all of these small groups - I realized I haven't had to make friends by myself in a long time. I have always had someone that I am very close to with me in any new setting. Gary, Jessica, Shannon, Cody, Casey - I've always had a wingman or I've been the wingman. I am not nearly as friendly and outgoing when I am by myself - out of my comfort zone. So, here I am once again being stretched and challenged to become a better me.

Anyway, I took some pictures of my house and wanted to share them with you. Well, those of you haven't seen it yet. (I have been very fortunate to have friends and family who have visited us - making the transition of moving so much easier and also being the comfort that I have needed since Casey's passing.)

Until next time.



4 comments:

Connie C. said...

I love reading your posts and the pictures you submit. You are such a gifted writer. I always get a mental picture as you write and you draw me in to right where you are; physicall and emotionally.

I miss you and Gary and the kid-o's.

Luv,

Connie Crump

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ME said...

what am I? chopped liver?

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing, Courtenay. Or at least that you might have something to say!!!

So Cros, I noticed that you did not take any pictures of the upstairs.
Put one of your guest room and maybe you'll gets some house guest when they see how pretty it is! And I can vouch for how comfy the bed is!

Love ya Lots!