


One thing about living here is that it actually feels like Christmas. Instead of 80 degree weather our high today is 18. I love the idea of sitting in the living room with the fireplace burning and the Christmas Tree lit sitting around sipping hot chocolate knowing that there is snow on the ground outside. It just feels like Christmas.
Anyone who knows me, knows that my Christmas decorations were up the day after Thanksgiving and my holiday traditions began. Kylie and I made Christmas Cookies - although she kept calling the christmas cookie cutters. (This is our first year making cookies.) And, of course, we have been shopping and have wrapped presents together. In fact, Kylie even wrapped up my scissors and put them under the tree.
One of our standing traditions is to go and look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve with our good friends the Cortez's. Unfortunetly, we will not be with them this Christmas Eve so we will move it up a few weeks and look at Christmas lights while they are here this weekend.
Kylie and Mollie have been sleding on the small hill behind the house. They love it. Mollie laughs a big belly laugh the whole way down. I will have to get some pictures of both of them decked out in thier snow garb - they look so cute.
Topo Gigo!!
3 comments:
they do not look deformed. They look like excited kid hands! Miss you guys a lot. I can't believe we are not all going to be together on Christmas this year. It makes me very very sad. I love ya'll.
Courtenay
I love your Christmas tree! We had our Christmas musical last night and it was the best yet. It was good enough for television. A lot of talent there. Wish you were here. Do you know when you'll be down for a visit?
First of all, the hands definitely look deformed, but let me be the first to say, personaly, i prefer it that way. secondly, i love the christmas tree, it makes me think of home. i can't wait to get a chance to see you guys again. anyhoo, don't be a stranger sling me an e-mail every once in a while(marcd@chaptertwentynine.org). p.s. Big Fern says, "holla, holla" he said you would know what he means.
Post a Comment