It finally feels like Christmas to me. There is a certain feeling that you have when you wake up on Christmas Eve morning - knowing that for the next two days you will be surrounded by family, friends and life-long traditions. Well, this morning that feeling did not come for me. For the last few weeks I have been striving to fill my home with Christmas activites, knowing this would my first Christmas away from family. And I have had so much fun with Kylie reading Christmas books, and making cookies and watching Christmas movies but it just seemed to be missing something. But, tonight, as Gary and I were setting out all of the presents it's as though all of my effort to create the perfect Christmas atmosphere has suddenly turned into wonderful memories.
So, no, I am not with my parents and sisters and close friends this Christmas but I do have my family and we have established new traditions this year. Traditions that I hope will last througout Kylie and Mollie's life or until they make their own.
And the best news is - I haven't missed out feeling sorry for myself - I still have tomorrow. Merry Christmas!!
4 comments:
Ella received the same toy. The big block with all the little blocks and activities to go with it. How fun!
wheres my gift at....hah jk missed you guys this year!!
Your home looks absolutely beautiful and so cozy!
If that is not a picture perfect for the front of a card I don't know what is. Does Hallmark know that you moved into their studio? I am still waiting for my present to come in the mail, I saw the one in the front with my name on it...ha ha ha!
Post a Comment