Gary was gone this past week to Wisconsin. He had additional training for his job. A month ago I would have whined and cried about him leaving me for a few days but this time was different. I am finally settled with being at home with my babies on a daily basis. And yes, I can even drive myself to either of the local airports without any whining. I remeber when I finished my year at Teen Mania I felt like I could conquer the world. I was independent and self-sufficient. Then I met Gary and he spoiled me. I have now realized after 5 years of marriage I turned into one of those "flighty knit-wits I have always pittied." I acted like I couldn't do all of the things that were supposedly the responsibility of a man. I played the damsel in distress for so long I had convinced myself that I couldn't do certain things without some help. Don't get me wrong I have always been confident it is just now I am relearning to do some things for myself that Gary has taken care of for so long. However, there are still a few routine things that I choose not to do - but could if I had to.
Anyway, totally unrelated, here is a picture of Kylie playing her new favorite game - hide-and-seek.
Anyway, totally unrelated, here is a picture of Kylie playing her new favorite game - hide-and-seek.
2 comments:
Crosyby, I was so excited to read this posting. I had really noticed a difference in your confidence level and yes, you are right, you can do anything "a man does"! (heard that before?) I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished and that you have come into your own, again, as you will do throughout various stasges of your life. that is part of growing and maturing year after year. The important thing is, does this mean that I can fly into Midway now and leave from Tampa and not have to go to Orlando and pay all the tolls? :) Let me know.
You can tell Mama's nails are too long from this entry - too many typos.
And I think it goes like this...
"Girls can do anything boys can do and boys can to anything girls can do except boys can't have babies."
Oh and by the way -- I got the my best friend's wedding reference!!!
I love you
Post a Comment