It's been a while since my last post - I have had something on my mind but haven't been able to word exactly right. But tonight I was inspired.
I would consider myself in "full-time ministry". Why, because I am associated with a certain ministry? Because I have my name and picture on a church website? Because I just moved half-way across the country, again, for the sake of ministry? No, none of those things matter. I consider my self in full-time ministry because whenever I sit down with someone who is hurting or who is searching for an answer in their life I want to tell them the truth. I want them to know the truth about their Heavenly Father. I want them to know the true character of their Father. And this knowledge, this truth, this true understanding is only going to come by spending time with Him. How else would you get to know anyone? Don't mistake my passion for intolerance. I love people - and I am willing to speak the truth into their lives regardless of what they think or anyone else - that is how I know I am in "full-time ministry."
And the difference between me and most Christians is I know it regardless of position, title, affiliation, association or income. (To my inpsiration - thanks)
I would consider myself in "full-time ministry". Why, because I am associated with a certain ministry? Because I have my name and picture on a church website? Because I just moved half-way across the country, again, for the sake of ministry? No, none of those things matter. I consider my self in full-time ministry because whenever I sit down with someone who is hurting or who is searching for an answer in their life I want to tell them the truth. I want them to know the truth about their Heavenly Father. I want them to know the true character of their Father. And this knowledge, this truth, this true understanding is only going to come by spending time with Him. How else would you get to know anyone? Don't mistake my passion for intolerance. I love people - and I am willing to speak the truth into their lives regardless of what they think or anyone else - that is how I know I am in "full-time ministry."
And the difference between me and most Christians is I know it regardless of position, title, affiliation, association or income. (To my inpsiration - thanks)
3 comments:
Few can can see the expanse that equates that difference, that is for sure.
You are and I am. I guess Cody will eventually be....neato huh? I love you! -- Post some pics.
As I read this I'm thinking....thinking how simple and true this is, and how its a crime that more people don't recognize this. Thanks for inspiration this day!!!
Post a Comment