"Do you feel any older?" That always seems to be the question when you have a birthday. And until this year I have said no and now all of sudden I am feeling older.
I have been married now for 6 years and I have two children yet over the past few years of my marriage I would often tell Gary how young I have felt - like a teenager playing house. But the other day I started thinking about it and I jokingly sent an e-mail to a good friend giving her the top reasons why I finally feel like an adult. Here they are:
1. I have an outside refrigerator and freezer - giving me the ability to make just about any meal on short notice.
I have been married now for 6 years and I have two children yet over the past few years of my marriage I would often tell Gary how young I have felt - like a teenager playing house. But the other day I started thinking about it and I jokingly sent an e-mail to a good friend giving her the top reasons why I finally feel like an adult. Here they are:
1. I have an outside refrigerator and freezer - giving me the ability to make just about any meal on short notice.
2. I drink coffee in the morning before anything else. (I can function without it I just like the idea of having a cup of coffee first thing.) (I think that might make me more of an adult than actually drinking the coffee)
3. I can't drink coffee or tea before bedtime because as I found out just a few nights ago that the caffine will keep me awake until 3:15 am.
4. I don't run for the phone when it rings. Ringing phones used to be irresistible - now I get to it when I can.
5. I am planning vacations a year in advance - and paying them off before we get there.
6. I am starting to think about how old other people think I look. I never cared before.
I am sure as time progresses I will think of more and more reasons that I am an actual adult and not a teenager playing house.For instance, how I spent my birthday would be another reason. Gary had to work and the few people who are close to us were out of town yesterday. So, I deteremined that although my close friends and family are miles away I was going to enjoy my birhtday anyway. So my very generous and loving husaband gave me the day to myself. I hired a babysitter and spent the whole day shopping and pampering myself. It was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.

4 comments:
I still eat cereal for dinner and I occasionaly need help using the bathroom. I am a little scared of the dark as well. Ok, a lot scared of the dark. Pretty much the only difference is I have to go to work every day. I did forget my birthday last year that was kinda weird.
I can think of another, small things matter, like when the kids learn to put their shoes away. When someone tells you they have had something happen and the first thing you think of is "should I prepare a meal for them and drop it off?"
That was me by the way the comment up there, Jen
Cros, you look amazing, I just now saw the pic of you. I guess my computer did not show it before. I love your hair, you look incredible!!! :)
Jen
Post a Comment