Saturday, July 22, 2006

Back Into The Swing Of Things

Yes, I am back and oficially posting more than once a month.

We are settling into our new place and loving every minute of it. It is a three bedroom - two and half bath town house with a loft, a full basement and two-car garage.(Pictures coming soon) Gary is finishing the painting down-stairs today and I will complete putting together the upstairs today. (Casey will be here Tuesday so I want to have everything in its place. A house guest is always good motivation to finish something.)

Church is good. We put Wednesday nights on hold for the summer and will start back up in the fall when school starts. (In the mean time we are working on building up the core leadership.) Our numbers have been lower during the summer but we are in full anticiaption that they will start growing again in the fall. (We have been running about 75-85) I don't know if you knew this or not but people don't take summer time very lightly around here - they are in full swing - in Florida a rainy day keeps people away from church - here a sunny day keeps people away from church.

But all in all we have a great core group of people who are faithful. Our volunteer base is growing every month which is nice for all areas of ministry but esepcially nice for Gary and I beacuse we have more and more lead teachers to plug into our Kidz Life classes.

Gary and I are so thankful for where we are and what we are doing. We are truly blessed. Always amazed, never suprised by His goodness.

Stay tuned for a kiddo update and yes, pictures of the church.

1 comment:

Sean, Jess, and kids too said...

counting to five can also appropriate.