As I was getting ready to leave for the gym this morning I realized that my iPod was not on the desk where I left it. I checked the van, my purse, the desk drawer and junk drawer before asking the children if they had seen it. That is when a very long drawn out story came from Kylie about how she saw it somewhere where it didn't belong and she picked it up to take it back to the office but first she took it with her into the bathroom and then into the bedroom to help Mollie with something and then she said she was playing with it under the desk in the office and "that is the truth. "
No, it was not under the desk where she says she last had it. So, I told her that we were not going anywhere until we find the iPod. So, the search began - I was checking the couch cushions and she was looking in the bedroom closet. After about 20 minutes of searching she came out to the living room and asked me if I found it - I told her it was not my responsibility to find it but hers. I said to her maybe you should ask the Holy Spirit to help you remember where you left it. At that point, she began crying and said, "I already asked Him in the bedroom and he didn't tell me anything."
Well, of course, that comment changed my entire mood and I told her that if she asked Him for help then He would help her and she needed to keep looking. I also told her I would continue helping her look for it.
About two minutes passed when she came into the bedroom where I was looking under the bed and asked me, "Well, what did the Holy Spirit tell you?" I said, "He didn't tell me anything - what did he tell you?" She said, "to go look in the office." I said, "Okay, go look in the office again"
She went back in the office and found the iPod wedged between two books on the bookshelf. She told Mollie, "Look, God helped me find Mama's iPod."
2 comments:
Great story.. I love it. Reminds me of the time Evi said, darn it ( but it wasn't darn it) and when asked where she learned that, she said.. " The Lord told me" She was 3.
ABSOLUTELY FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!
Post a Comment