It was a small gathering tonight - but we did it - we had a 5-year-old's birthday party. We had cake, we had presents, we had pizza, but most importantly we had streamers and balloons. Because it just isn't a birthday without streamers and balloons.
We had almost decided not to have a party - no actually, we did decide not to have a party. What we (Gary and I, not Kylie) decided to do was to take her out on Sunday for a nice dinner (because like her Pinky - she loves, loves, loves to eat out) and to let her go shopping at the Disney Store in the mall. So, after a nice meal at Red Robbin and about an hour in the Disney store and of course a full-day of special treatment as the birthday girl -Gary and I thought that it was a done deal.
Well, that was until she received a couple of birthday phone calls on Monday (her actual birth-day) then she wanted to know when her friends were coming over and asked me what I was going to do about a birthday cake.
Needless to say, we had a party. Almost a week later but we did it. I told Gary at this age it just doesn't count to just get taken out for a nice dinner and to pick out all of your own presents at the store - that is for teenagers and Mommies. Balloons and streamers that is what 5-year-olds want.
I should have known this.
We had almost decided not to have a party - no actually, we did decide not to have a party. What we (Gary and I, not Kylie) decided to do was to take her out on Sunday for a nice dinner (because like her Pinky - she loves, loves, loves to eat out) and to let her go shopping at the Disney Store in the mall. So, after a nice meal at Red Robbin and about an hour in the Disney store and of course a full-day of special treatment as the birthday girl -Gary and I thought that it was a done deal.
Well, that was until she received a couple of birthday phone calls on Monday (her actual birth-day) then she wanted to know when her friends were coming over and asked me what I was going to do about a birthday cake.
Needless to say, we had a party. Almost a week later but we did it. I told Gary at this age it just doesn't count to just get taken out for a nice dinner and to pick out all of your own presents at the store - that is for teenagers and Mommies. Balloons and streamers that is what 5-year-olds want.
I should have known this.
2 comments:
And what a party it was! Thanks for having us over, and for leftover cupcakes with LOTS of frosting:)
We like hanging out with you guys!
Hey thanks again for the pic of "Belle" (i think thats how she spells it?)And your right memories are made with balloons and streamers. Besides you know you love having parties...so it was a win win deal!
We love you guys and REALLY miss you.
Post a Comment