Life Church celebrated one-year on September 17th, sorry that I am just getting around to telling you about it. The celebration itself was wonderful. A guest music minister flew in and we had a live band so the worship was incredible. We had 147 people at church that morning and a classic Life Church lunch to follow. (That is pizza, mostaccioli (you can't call it baked ziti) salad and a table full of irresistible desserts.)
There was definitely a feeling of success and accomplishment in the atmosphere for anyone who had been around for a few months. Pastor Mike spoke about the vision that Life Church has for the next 24 months and how we might accomplish that vision. And at the end of the service he publicly acknowledge his leadership team which consists of his sister and brother-in-law, Mike and Camille. He then went on to thank Gary and I after he gave a short synopsis of how and why Gary and I ended up at Life Church. I leaned over to Gary and I said - wow, he makes us sound good. I say all of that to say this - Yes, we felt that same sense of success and accomplishment that I am sure many others were feeling but more than that we felt honored and humbled to be a part of such an incredible ministry. We have more respect for Pastors Mike and Kathy than we have ever had and consider it high favor that we are able to sit under their leadership and glean from their experiences. Yes, we do a lot in the church but not once have we felt like "the grace has lifted" from us. Sure there have been a few bumps in the road but ultimately we feel we are able to accomplish our tasks with ease. We have been here now for over a year and not once have we regretted or questioned our decision to move here. It is a nice feeling to know that you are in the right place at the right time doing the right thing.
Always amazed and never surprised by His goodness!!
There was definitely a feeling of success and accomplishment in the atmosphere for anyone who had been around for a few months. Pastor Mike spoke about the vision that Life Church has for the next 24 months and how we might accomplish that vision. And at the end of the service he publicly acknowledge his leadership team which consists of his sister and brother-in-law, Mike and Camille. He then went on to thank Gary and I after he gave a short synopsis of how and why Gary and I ended up at Life Church. I leaned over to Gary and I said - wow, he makes us sound good. I say all of that to say this - Yes, we felt that same sense of success and accomplishment that I am sure many others were feeling but more than that we felt honored and humbled to be a part of such an incredible ministry. We have more respect for Pastors Mike and Kathy than we have ever had and consider it high favor that we are able to sit under their leadership and glean from their experiences. Yes, we do a lot in the church but not once have we felt like "the grace has lifted" from us. Sure there have been a few bumps in the road but ultimately we feel we are able to accomplish our tasks with ease. We have been here now for over a year and not once have we regretted or questioned our decision to move here. It is a nice feeling to know that you are in the right place at the right time doing the right thing.
Always amazed and never surprised by His goodness!!
1 comment:
This is my first answer to blog I am working steady and have taken a post lincesing course and passed test.I will take the brokers course next. hope to pass that also realy think of being to old to keep on but I have to stay young some how.I am happy that you are getting along so good in Chi town the kids are really growing up, school all ready.Love and kisses Pappa Jim
Post a Comment