Friday, January 06, 2006

Before Heaven!


It has been 8 years since I have seen my good friend Ingrid. We met at Teen Mania in 1997 and hands down would say that she was my closest friend there. We have randomly kept in touch over the last 8 years through e-mails and cards. So, I have to admit I was a little nervous meeting her for lunch today after such a long period of time had passed. But it was just seconds after talking with her that I remember why we had such a great connection. It was like old times.
I felt like I talked non-stop for an hour and a half. I guess an hour and a half is not a long time to catch up on 8 years worth of life. (I would have stayed longer but Mollie would not hear of it.)
I met her husband, Joel, and her son, Owen, today for the first time. Both cuties. (Joel, if you're reading, you make a great first impression. You have my vote.)
Long ago, when we left Teen Mania we had to say goodbye to handfuls of people that realistically we knew we may never see again. So, Ingrid coined the phrase, "See you in Heaven." That was her way of not having to give a permanent good-bye and deal with all of the emotions that would come with it. So, I am pretty sure we did not say good-bye to one another but ended our year long friendship with a hug and a "See you in Heaven." Today proved that we didn't have to wait that long. I only wish they lived closer. I know that we could be the best of friends again.
Let's not wait another 8 years to see each other. Who knows YOU might have 115 babies by then.

1 comment:

Marc David said...

Hey, haven't commented in a while so I will say it is definitely good to revisit close friends from the past. Anyway, we're down here in Tulsa rooting for you guys. Keep up the good work.