Tuesday, September 27, 2005

We're Here!

We finally made it. We are in Chicago - well actually we are 30 minutes outside of Chicago in Schaumburg, IL. We found a beautiful town house that is only 10 minutes from the church and about 2 minutes from the Montenegros. We are settling in nicely. I have almost all of the boxes unpacked. I finally got the girl's room settled. Yes, they are sharing a room now. It is going well. I think Kylie really likes the idea of sharing a room with Mollie Baby (as she calls her.) I am just constantly having to remind her to whisper while Mollie is sleeping.
Our back yard is a beautiful park - there is a soccer field, walking track, play ground and sand volleyball court. We are trying to take advantage of it before the weather changes. Did you know it snows here? We are adjusting well. We are crossing things off of our list one at a time and trusting God for the rest. But of all the details I can share the one that stands the truest is that we are at peace.
We'll talk church next time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my babies are gone!! But God is faithful and I have only cried twice. (I have however, called at least onece a day and sometimes 4 or 5!! Gary once accused Crosby of talking to me more often than she changes her underwear!!! Not really!! I miss all my children and will be to Chicago in two weeks...really! I love y'all!
Mama, Patty Jeanne, Pinky

Anonymous said...

I love your blog page!
But I would really like to see some pictures!!
I miss you Cros. You too Jerry!!
Actually I miss the girls!
All joking aside, we are so excited to see the mighty hand of God working through you. Chicago will never be the same!
I will admit it has been lonely.
Some days I walk through the halls and expect to see you around the corner. Going out to dinner has not been the same. I told our funny story about how we could have a 10 min conversation about sweet tea but know one thought it was as funny as we did! I suppose God blessed the four of us with our own unique sense of humor!
Well we love ya'll and miss ya'll.
Give the girls a kiss for us.
Your sweat friend for life,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Crosby, you are such a grown-up!
I can't believe you are in Chicago...I never got to visit you when you were in Florida, now you're even further away from this Texas girl! That's approx. 1234.7 miles; 19 hrs and 27 mins further away!!!

I'm so truly happy and excited for ya'll. I'll remember to pray for you daily - you're in my thoughts and in my heart!

Love you bunches!!
- Jen

Anonymous said...

Sticky Fingers, we can relate to that. We are so proud of your sweet family of 4. I can't say that we don't miss you guys like crazy because we don't...ha ha ha....you know we do, it just isn't the same without you here, but we know that God is using you mightly there and we can't argue with Him! I have to say that I don't miss not being told to SHHHUUT IT!! We love you all so much and miss you even more!

Anonymous said...

I love the page a whole lot! We all miss you here in Florida! Tell the kids that there aunt loves them very much and tell them I hope to see them soon! Tell the kids that pepa and mema love them very much and miss them! Give the kids kisses from The Kirkowski's! I am glad you guys are doing good! Send some pictures of the kids to us! Well give the kids kisses and hugs and love ya'll very much and miss ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Iike the way you can keep in touch I was in Chicargo Once, cold as I had never seen before.hug every for me.
Papa Jim